Smart Home Automation
Smart technology has made an impact on everyday culture, and continues to revolutionize our lives in ways that affect everything from entertainment to health, houses to cars. Smart home automation systems play a big role by seizing control of home security, climate, music, video, lighting and much more; making daily routines easier, more comfortable, and safer.
At Livewire, we’re committed to keeping you connected and in total control – whether you’re home or on the road. Wired specifically for your home to meet your needs, our smart home automation systems integrate and streamline all the functions you depend on day in and day out. Regardless of the manufacturer or equipment type, we can customize a solution that incorporates any electronic or subsystem within your home.
Simplify Life with Greater Control
One of the best ways to simplify your lifestyle while maintaining control is through home automation technologies. Our process involves getting to know the needs of you and your family, and using that information to customize the perfect host of technologies. We’ll also provide comprehensive training on how to program and operate the home control system. Here are just some of the possibilities you’ll have with a Livewire Home Automation Solution:
- Illuminating your home’s interior and exterior – not just a great security feature, but also for convenience. Aside from being able to turn your lights on remotely at the first sign of suspicious activity, the ability to light your home automatically is a convenient feature as well. No more jostling around groceries to fumble for a switch or sprinting through a dark rainstorm by the light of your smartphone.
- Locking, unlocking doors and activating security systems – Getting snuggled in bed and realizing you forgot to turn on the alarm or lock the front door is no fun. With home automation, you can complete those tasks while staying horizontal. All it takes is a touch of your device and you can lock downstairs doors from upstairs.
- Tuning in to your favorite television channel or queueing up music – Perfect for entertaining guests or just relaxing with family! Simulcast your selected music in multiple rooms throughout your home, make a playlist for any occasion or mood, and have total control over TV shows and movies (our home automation is Blu-Ray compatible)!
- Adjusting indoor temperature – Don’t come home to a freezing or sweltering house. Control your thermostat remotely, and save money on energy if the outside temperature changes while you’re away. You can even set things up so that heat only comes on during chilly nights, reducing energy expenditure during the day.
- Opening and closing window treatments – You can control your drapes and blinds to let the light in or maintain your home’s privacy when you’re not there. If the day heats up, you can simply close your blinds from miles away to keep your home nice and cool.
- Checking in on children or pets – No more checking out grainy, nanny cam recordings after the fact. Now you can check in on your loved ones in real time with high definition cameras to ensure their safety and comfort.
- Constant awareness through notifications – Your home automation system can send you custom alerts, from routine occurrences like the thermostat has been adjusted to something more important such as a smoke alarm. You will have continual awareness and control even if you’re hours away.
- Dodging unwanted interruptions – The doorbell always seems to ring when you’re in the bath or in the middle of dinner. Now you can tell with a glance at your device whether you want to bother with a trip to the door. Home automation allows you to interface with your security cameras to see who is knocking. It’s like a physical caller ID!
- And much more!
Livewire Customer Story
Not for Everyone
Just as not every product is a fit for every person, home automation is no exception. Home automation sees the most benefits for homeowners who live in medium to large houses. The more area there is in a house, the more options homeowners have to set up different systems that automate more of your home’s functions – and the more potential there is for energy savings. And while cameras can provide security and safety for anyone, they are particularly well suited for those that have large amounts of property surrounding their homes, own pets, or have children.
Small homes won’t see the same kind of benefits for a complete home automation system – and renters would need a landlord’s express permission before having the system installed. For this cutting edge technology to be worth your while, it needs to be a good fit for your situation.
Owners of older homes can still enjoy the convenience of home automation, but some updates may be necessary prior to system installation. Analog thermostats will need to be upgraded to digital versions, some door locks and window treatments may need to be changed out. For the most part home automation can fit your home in its current state, but it’s important to do your research or consult with a Livewire expert before committing to a project.
If you’re a strict do-it-yourselfer, home automation may not be a good fit for you. The operation seems simple, but the installation of home automation is no easy task. Your home has to be properly wired throughout, and each piece of automation technology must be installed correctly for the system to function properly. It’s not a job that is suited to amateurs or a first timer, as there is a lot of high tech equipment, electrical wiring, and networking involved. For the sake of safety, efficiency, and doing the job right, this is one project that is best left to the professionals.
Custom Solutions—Designed for You
Whether you’re at home or at the office, Livewire will keep you connected and put you in total control of all your spaces. Your life is simpler and your home will function better when all your smart products and systems work together.
Let our integrated solutions help streamline your space and reduce the frustration of figuring out several remotes and cluttered banks of switches and knobs. Smart home technology adds convenience, comfort, and peace of mind, with solutions available for new construction and existing homes.
Just imagine this: You arrive home after a long day at the office. As you open the front door the lights immediately turn on, illuminating the foyer. Your favorite playlist starts playing through the in-wall speakers and follows you as you make your way to the kitchen. Sounds like the start of a relaxing evening to us.
Advanced Technology, Easy to Use
Home automation works through smart technology, and your smart device can send instructions to your home equipment from wherever you are currently located. Even from miles away, signals are sent to your home network which then instructs a specific piece of your home automation system to perform the action you command.
The best part about home automation is you do not have to be an IT professional or have an engineering degree to use and enjoy it. Your system will be professionally installed and set up for you by Livewire’s experts.
There is no reason to be intimidated by the technology – if you can operate a smart phone, you’ve got what it takes! The interface is simple, clearly labeled, and self-explanatory. Just tap the control you want and your smart device and home automation system handles the rest. It sounds easy, but it’s even easier once it’s installed in your home!
Get started with Home Automation
Ready to see how home automation can change the way you work and play? Schedule your free in-home consultation and Livewire will show you how easy it is to take control of your life with a custom home automation system.
Some of the areas we serve include:
Livewire serves customers all throughout Central Virginia. If you don’t see your city or town listed here, please contact us to find out if we can accommodate your needs.